• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TracyParamedic

Can I get out of my lease if the landlord did not give me lead paint test or an epa brochure? This questions stems back to my original question titled: broken lease before effective date. I live in Pgh Pa. thanks. Also I gave the keys back already and did not measure the size of the shower hall however I have witness who saw the shower (a paramedic no less) who will testify the dangers of the small shower opening. It is not glass nor is it a shower stall. However if ANYONE should fall in the shower it would be almost impossible to access them through small shower entrance. If i had a pen I could draw it better then can describe it. thanks for your help. I sent him (L)a letter stating I was going to take him to court if deposit was not returned waiting for his response and we will see what happens next. Still think I have a good chance at small claims?? thanks everyone.. Tracy

[This message has been edited by TracyParamedic (edited July 06, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TracyParamedic:
Can I get out of my lease if the landlord did not give me lead paint test or an epa brochure? This questions stems back to my original question titled: broken lease before effective date. I live in Pgh Pa. thanks. Also I gave the keys back already and did not measure the size of the shower hall however I have witness who saw the shower (a paramedic no less) who will testify the dangers of the small shower opening. It is not glass nor is it a shower stall. However if ANYONE should fall in the shower it would be almost impossible to access them through small shower entrance. If i had a pen I could draw it better then can describe it. thanks for your help. I sent him (L)a letter stating I was going to take him to court if deposit was not returned waiting for his response and we will see what happens next. Still think I have a good chance at small claims?? thanks everyone.. Tracy

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Contact your local State landlord/tenant consumer office and www.hud.gov Smoke detectors should be a local building code requirement as well as a national requirment. The lead paint info is a national requirement.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TracyParamedic:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Contact your local State landlord/tenant consumer office and www.hud.gov Smoke detectors should be a local building code requirement as well as a national requirment. The lead paint info is a national requirement. Contact HUD and your local building dept. to be sure.

T

Tracey

Many states allow a tenant to break a lease if the premises are not up to code, L refuses to bring them up to code, & the condition creates a meterial danger to tenants's health or safety. However, usually T has to have gone through the steps of reporting the condition to L & the building inspector, etc. Read the PN landlord tennt act (Title 68, Chapter 8) to see wht you had to do.

Usually, failure to provide a lead paint disclosure pamphlet just makes L have to pay a fine. It's not grounds for terminating a lease.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">