• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lease or purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tinahol

my mom and dad purchased a home for a woman in an abusive marriage. a purchase agreement and a lease agreement was done at the same time. she was to purchase the home within
23 months from the date of signature. until the purchase took place she was to be acknowledged as a renter. the property is in my mom and dads name only. my dad died in november since that time the lady has not been following the purchase agreement. now 37 months has surpassed, still no attempt to purchase the property. my mom is a widow and does not want this responsibility anymore. 60 days notice was given for the lady to purchase the home or leave. no attempt to purchase.
my mom filed eviction the judge says my mom need to forclose.
my mom is making monthly payments on this house to a mortgage company. the lady is late with payments and also has wrote my mom a bounced check. if payments are'nt made then the bank goes after my mom for payment. this lady thinks she owns this house. my mom needs to sell but can't. how do we get this lady out?? texas resident

Last edited:

HomeGuru

tinahol said:
my mom and dad purchased a home for a woman in an abusive marriage. a purchase agreement and a lease agreement was done at the same time. she was to purchase the home within
23 months from the date of signature. until the purchase took place she was to be acknowledged as a renter. the property is in my mom and dads name only. my dad died in november since that time the lady has not been following the purchase agreement. now 37 months has surpassed, still no attempt to purchase the property. my mom is a widow and does not want this responsibility anymore. 60 days notice was given for the lady to purchase the home or leave. no attempt to purchase.
my mom filed eviction the judge says my mom need to forclose.
my mom is making monthly payments on this house to a mortgage company. the lady is late with payments and also has wrote my mom a bounced check. if payments are'nt made then the bank goes after my mom for payment. this lady thinks she owns this house. my mom needs to sell but can't. how do we get this lady out?? texas resident
**A: Hello, anyone there?
You already know the answer.
Hint: what did the judge say to do?

JETX

Tinahol: In addition to HG's accurate response.... I offer the following.

Someone tried to be 'smart' by combining two distinctly separate issues (purchase and rent) on a single transaction. This is what is causing you the confusion..... you can't evict, since the resident has an ownership issue!!!

You need to get an attorney to do both actions.... foreclosure to close the issue of ownership and eviction to terminate the lease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">