• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jfkfc

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? NJ

I just signed a lease for a house. The owners are out of the country, and I am dealing with a real estate agency. I realize that the lease is contingent on the owners approving me as a tenant, being that the agent cannot complete the deal themselves and make guarantees on their (the owners/renters) behalf.

My question is this: Is there anything I can realistically request from the agent just in the case the owner opts not to rent to us? If they find reason not to take me as a tenant, I am left with a very small period of time (24 hours) to make other arrangements. I am guessing that there is nothing I can expect from the agent, but I figured to post this message anyway.

Thanks in advance.

HomeGuru

jfkfc said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? NJ

I just signed a lease for a house. The owners are out of the country, and I am dealing with a real estate agency. I realize that the lease is contingent on the owners approving me as a tenant, being that the agent cannot complete the deal themselves and make guarantees on their (the owners/renters) behalf.

**A: most professional rental management companies are given such approval to make these kinds of decisions.

My question is this: Is there anything I can realistically request from the agent just in the case the owner opts not to rent to us?

**A: if you paid a security deposit, you can request it back.

If they find reason not to take me as a tenant, I am left with a very small period of time (24 hours) to make other arrangements. I am guessing that there is nothing I can expect from the agent, but I figured to post this message anyway.

Thanks in advance.

*A: deliver to them a letter stating that if the lease is not signed by them within 24 hours, you will terminate the lease.

J

jfkfc

Once again, I appreciate the advice, and will do exactly that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">