• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal mortage options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeff magaw

I have a brother and sister that live together in a home they purchased together. Both of their names are on the mortage. My brother is an alcoholic and has been sober for 10 years. My sister is becoming an uncontrollable drinker and has moved a person in the home that also has problems. Though the house is seperate as far as their living areas, my brother has already had numerous confrontations with my sister and boyfriend and the environment has become unlivable. Does he have any legal recourse to get out of the mortage, without destroying his credit. My sister does not have the ability to maintain the mortage alone but refuses to sell the home. My brother is the primary borrower on the mortage. He is at wits end and feels trapped by the present situation. Is their a legal solution.

J

Jeff magaw

re: partition

I honestly wish that would be enough, however knowing the parties involved I feel that the close proximaty of the living arrangement would still be unlivable. There has already been violent reactions from my brother to the noise and drinking activities . Also police have been involved on a level of domestic altercations. i see nothing but an eventual violent conclusion if the parties continue to live within close contact. This is not to mention that the situation has destroyed a simbling relationship and put extensive stress on our elderly mother.

HomeGuru

Call the police. My response was not a partion wall in the home but a legal proceeding to settle ownership of the property.
Search this website using partion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">