• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Miszz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW YORK, What is the name of the form that i have to use to take my wife name off the deed of the house?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW YORK, What is the name of the form that i have to use to take my wife name off the deed of the house?
**A: why would you want to do that and did wife sign the mortgage?

latigo

It's also known as a "Decree of Divorce" or a “Postnuptial Agreement”.

But if by deed - sans a marriage dissolution - you'd better have an attorney draw it up in language so that she isn't conveying it back to herself as a marital property interest.

Plus, I would have the instrument clearly express the purpose, nature and consideration for the conveyance and her acknowledgement that it is being executed voluntarily and not under duress and/or undue influence. AND that she is doing so upon the advice of independent counsel.

All of which I would put forth in her sworn affidavit appended to the deed!

Pretty risk to do it otherwise. At least in my state, which is several mountain ranges removed from New York.

Sax

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">