• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter of Intent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coco

If you are sent a letter of intent to vacate premises as a month to month residential tenant dated July 27th express mail (not certified) and you don't sign for the express mail envelope, or don't accept it at all, is it still legal to get you out by August 31st?

If I sign for it after the 1st of August and it's dated July 27th do I still have to vacate by August 31?

T

Tracey

Refusing to pick up your mail is no excuse. The law presumes that you received a certified letter 2 days afte it was mailed, whether you pick it up or not. You have to leave by 8/31.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

C

coco

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coco:
If you are sent a letter of intent to vacate premises as a month to month residential tenant dated July 27th express mail (not certified) and you don't sign for the express mail envelope, or don't accept it at all, is it still legal to get you out by August 31st?

If I sign for it after the 1st of August and it's dated July 27th do I still have to vacate by August 31?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't a certified letter

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coco:
I wasn't a certified letter<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The USPS or whatever delivery serice was used such as Fed X, UPS, Airborne etc, can verify and confirm delivery of the Express mail to your address by computerized tracking number.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">