• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Levy help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

illermay26

What is the name of your state? CA

A year ago we sold our condo. We were about to go into forclosure because we could not afford the condo anymore so we decided to sell it with Help U Sell thinking that might help us save some money (wrong). We owed back money on our associations too and wanted to make sure that would be paid with the sale. The real estate agen that was helping us (from HUS) said that not too worry it would. We had to fill out papers from the escrow company and on the question about the associations I put 2 names down but I did not know the name of the master association so I did not put it. HUS knew that we had 3. When everything was done, the Master Association was never paid. The escrow company said they never knew about it (arn't they supposed to make sure everything is taking care of before the sale is complete?). We received a form from an attorney with the association saying they were going to put a lein on the house. We called and said we did not own the house anymore but they did not return my call. They also sent one to the new owner. When I told HUS he said not to worry that it would be taken care of. I did not hear anything more for a long time and then yesterday I received a judgment for the Sheriffs Dept with a Notice of Levy on all our accounts for $4,000. I called the buyer to see if he received anything. He said he sold the house and since it had a lien he told the lawyer it wasn't from him. They made him pay $1,000 and took the lien off. I am assuming that is why they sent this to me. I do not know what to do. I need help please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">