• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License Suspension After 14 Years!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SKM0809

my fiance is a 29 year old male residing in PA. in 1988, he was 16 when he encountered 4 underage drinking fines, 17 when he got a dui and one more underage drinking fine. he paid all of the fines and court costs. he believed he was serving his suspension (he never owned a drivers license,ever) In 1996, he went to apply for a pa license and found out from penndot that his time never started. he had to mail in a letter to begin his suspension. My question is-is there any statue of limitations for the period of time that he got his license revoked until the time he actually mailed in his letter?(6 years) he was never told to mail in a letter to begin his suspension. it seems a little odd that my fiance is going to be 30 and he is still serving time for his juvenile deliquencies.

HomeGuru

SKM0809 said:
my fiance is a 29 year old male residing in PA. in 1988, he was 16 when he encountered 4 underage drinking fines, 17 when he got a dui and one more underage drinking fine. he paid all of the fines and court costs. he believed he was serving his suspension (he never owned a drivers license,ever) In 1996, he went to apply for a pa license and found out from penndot that his time never started. he had to mail in a letter to begin his suspension. My question is-is there any statue of limitations for the period of time that he got his license revoked until the time he actually mailed in his letter?(6 years) he was never told to mail in a letter to begin his suspension. it seems a little odd that my fiance is going to be 30 and he is still serving time for his juvenile deliquencies.
**A: please note that this is the Real Estate Law forum. We do not drink here especially if we are under the lawful age.
Cheers!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">