• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Licensee questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mae123

What is the name of your state?Florida

Thank you for your assistance in advance. I presently hold an inactive RE broker's license. I was hired by a developer to sell individual units in a condo conversion. They asked that I keep my license inactive and hire me as a non-comissioned employee to sell the units. I have since uncovered some deficiencies in the units (they are already under contract) and in their advertising (starting price lower in advertising than actual pricing of the units, etc). I just want to know if my license could be at stake here since I am just an employee and non-comissioned?

PghREA

Mae123 said:

I have since uncovered some deficiencies in the units (they are already under contract) and in their advertising (starting price lower in advertising than actual pricing of the units, etc). I just want to know if my license could be at stake here since I am just an employee and non-comissioned?

Units under contract - How is this a deficiency?

Starting price lower than actual price - Starting price is the base price, actual price is starting price plus upgrades. How is this a deficiency?

HomeGuru

Mae123 said:

Thank you for your assistance in advance. I presently hold an inactive RE broker's license. I was hired by a developer to sell individual units in a condo conversion. They asked that I keep my license inactive and hire me as a non-comissioned employee to sell the units. I have since uncovered some deficiencies in the units (they are already under contract) and in their advertising (starting price lower in advertising than actual pricing of the units, etc). I just want to know if my license could be at stake here since I am just an employee and non-comissioned?

**A: the answer is yes.

HomeGuru

Mae123 said:
Thank you Guru! I thought so, just wanted to be sure.

**A: no problem and do all to protect your license. Even if your license is
inactive, you are still subject to the same laws as active licensees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">