• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien on property - Which lien do I need?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Winterbird

State of Oregon

Am retired on limited income. Have 1986 dated contract to plant trees on other property, stating trees to be sold as timber at maturity. Property to be sold. Need to put lien on property for payment of trees. What is title of lien to use? What wording should be on lien? Will be grateful for any help on this.

HomeGuru

Consult an attorney because if you use the wrong form and/or follow the incorrect procedure with respect to recording etc., the lien will not be worth a sap.

W

Winterbird

Lien on property

I consulted a lawyer, who told me to go to the records office and file the contract. Contract is not notarized. But contract is legal. Records office said they would file the contract if I make it conform to their requirements for filing documents. That is, a bounds description, a "return to" address, a second signature of the Grantor notarized, and a recordable title. They also gave me their web site list of titles. 51 pages. Back to Title again.

What the heck do I have here? It's a contract to plant trees on someone else's property, with payment due the property owner when trees are sold at maturity. It's not a timber deed because the property owner doesn't own or maintain the timber, I do. It's not a timber lease, for the same reason.

I'm thinking it's a land lease. If not, that leaves a "Covenant" "Warranty" "Loggers & woodworkers & timberland non possessing chattle" ?? whatever those are. and nothing else that remotely comes close to this contract.

I know, you're going to tell me to ask a lawyer. I did, he says its a "contract." No such title, according to the records department. So I'm on my own again. My next move it to read the County Ordinances. There are about a billion of them. What a workout, and what a disappointment that no one here can tell me what I need to know. But hey, I might take the bar exam after all that study. I wouldn't mind getting $150. an hour for doing very little. :eek:)

W

Winterbird

Lien on Property

Don't take it so personal. I had hoped there would be others responding to my question. I've appreciated your quick responses.

HomeGuru

I hope there are others out there also. Not only to respond to your post but the many others on this board. Everyday I log on hoping, praying and looking to see if any attorneys or contributors respond but every day nada, nothing, zero, ziltch.... sometimes someone responds to a single post but for the most part it is just the me the one person wrecking crew.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">