• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

Does anyone know for sure if there is an available type of lien one can place on a home for sale, when the owner of the home owes you money for a general debt? I can't use a mechanics lien, but maybe there are general liens available that I can file. I am trying to find a way to avoid going to civil court, and am hoping a lien would force the homeowner to pay me or at least hold up clear title.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

divgradcurl

Does anyone know for sure if there is an available type of lien one can place on a home for sale, when the owner of the home owes you money for a general debt? I can't use a mechanics lien, but maybe there are general liens available that I can file. I am trying to find a way to avoid going to civil court, and am hoping a lien would force the homeowner to pay me or at least hold up clear title.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You need a judgment in order to place a lien on a property. There isn't any way to avoid court on this.

HomeGuru

**A: hire Bubba and his big boys from down south. Once Bubba and the gang visit, you'll not need to go to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">