• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lifetime WHAT!?*$@#%

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chaddlee

This is cc: N.C. I was deeded some acres of land 10yrs ago by my mother and her husband. She died last yr. Seems he has "life time rights"....
FIRST....Does he get the income from the farming?,under this term of "lifetime rights?, as it is leased out each year.?? It doesnt say he is entitled in the deed. Is this a "right" of "lifetime rights"?? or is it USE of, and LIVING ON only??

SECOND...I went by the farmland today(up from Fla.)and noticed some trailers (four) "sitting there" , set up, on what appears to by MY LAND. If a survey is done, and shows they are ON MY LAND, what is my recourse(s)?? IF any compensation is ordered by the courts(if I go legal on this), do I GET the money or my EX stepfather who has the lifetime rights? I cant help but wonder who is getting cheated here. I have paid the taxes for 10 yrs. but got no income from it, was just a lad then. The trailers are in the rear of a track of land( about 2 acres) that sits in the middle of mine,with road front. He has moved a ditch over several feet MY WAY! ( it was a boundary line!) owned by an EX uncle. I feel he has ENCROACHED some of my land. Any thoughts would be MOST appreciated before I call a lawyer and holler SUE !!! :)
Daytona Beach, Fla.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">