• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

livestock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

farmer

What is the name of your state? TN
I am trying to find the answer to a simple problem. Our property has a few restrictions. One states that we cannot have "commercial livestock feeding lot of any type". Does this mean I can or can't put my (one) horse on my property? The court house refused to give an answer. Two of my closest neighbors have horses and assorted other animals, but state that I can't. What do you think?

seniorjudge

farmer said:
What is the name of your state? TN
I am trying to find the answer to a simple problem. Our property has a few restrictions. One states that we cannot have "commercial livestock feeding lot of any type". Does this mean I can or can't put my (one) horse on my property? The court house refused to give an answer. Two of my closest neighbors have horses and assorted other animals, but state that I can't. What do you think?
Having a horse is not by any stretch of the imagination a "feed lot."

The court house refused to give an answer.

Buildings don't talk real well; you need to speak to a human being.

Two of my closest neighbors have horses and assorted other animals, but state that I can't.

Do their deeds have restrictions on them?

What do you think?

If you have stated the restriction EXACTLY as it is on your deed, then I would like to know where your neighbors or anyone else complaining about this gets his interpretation. Are you in compliance with zoning (if you had a horse)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">