• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living space

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

In Rhode Island, if I add a bulk-head for access to my finished cellar, can I include the square footage of my cellar as living space if I sell the home?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
In Rhode Island, if I add a bulk-head for access to my finished cellar, can I include the square footage of my cellar as living space if I sell the home? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a building permit for the cellar and is it legal and built to code? Will a real estate appraiser count this area as part of the home for appraisal purposes? If not, you have a lot of space for wine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">