• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loan Documents Dispute, HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tammiell

hello, i live in california. my husband and i bought a home in august of 2001. we didn't agree with the closing cost which we did not see until we were already in our new home three days. two months later the loan company sends us the mlds documents and stated tosign back date the forms, i refuse because i feel they violated our rights, and the cost are much higher than what we told them we could afford. they also got my husband drunk to the point i had to sign the notarized loan documents for him which i don't know if this could go against the company legally but it disgust me. my husband should have known better but they should have consequence also, am i right on these issues? i have sent a demand for payment letter as the first step leading to small claims and have received a call from the loan company wanting to talk it out, they fill it is all a misunderstanding and said because we signed the estimated sheet before the process even began that we should have known, but we disputed the estimated cost and they told us not to worry it is just estimates and the computer don't know that were friends and that he would make sure we were comfortable with the cost. Should we meet to discuss this with them? i am asking for $5000.00 which is a fraction of what we will be in debted. Please Help?
Sincerely: Tammie

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">