• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

locked out!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ibcindy

We were just locked out of the house that we were almost moved out of. It is a longggg story but I will try to make it short. We were foreclosed on... The new owners, a real estate corporation, and us went to court to agree on a date we should be out by... They had agreed to pay us $5,000 for expenses to move(rental, security, rental agent fees, movers) so instead of them giving us the money to do all this, they had to pay everyone themselves. They hired a mover for 8 hours, whcih didnt end up being enough time, they had left alot of our belongings there. So, we had to hire owr own movers to try and finish up the job... Afetr all this, we had some personal belongings that my brother and I were planning on taking ourselves since we didnt want this stuff out of our sight. During this whole thing, one of the guys gave us an extra week cause he seen what was left there. A different guy then showed up at our new apartment threatening my mother for the keys (my brother and I were at work) He said he will get his movers again to move our stuff. What a waste of time... after all was said and done the movers realized they didnt have the keys to the basement, so nothing from down there was brought over. They had mistakenly packed the keys in a box. My brother finally found the keys and we went there to get the last of our stuff and the door was LOCKED!!!! Where do we stand now??? It is very important stuff like baby pictures and slides. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at [email protected]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ibcindy:
We were just locked out of the house that we were almost moved out of. It is a longggg story but I will try to make it short. We were foreclosed on... The new owners, a real estate corporation, and us went to court to agree on a date we should be out by... They had agreed to pay us $5,000 for expenses to move(rental, security, rental agent fees, movers) so instead of them giving us the money to do all this, they had to pay everyone themselves. They hired a mover for 8 hours, whcih didnt end up being enough time, they had left alot of our belongings there. So, we had to hire owr own movers to try and finish up the job... Afetr all this, we had some personal belongings that my brother and I were planning on taking ourselves since we didnt want this stuff out of our sight. During this whole thing, one of the guys gave us an extra week cause he seen what was left there. A different guy then showed up at our new apartment threatening my mother for the keys (my brother and I were at work) He said he will get his movers again to move our stuff. What a waste of time... after all was said and done the movers realized they didnt have the keys to the basement, so nothing from down there was brought over. They had mistakenly packed the keys in a box. My brother finally found the keys and we went there to get the last of our stuff and the door was LOCKED!!!! Where do we stand now??? It is very important stuff like baby pictures and slides. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at [email protected]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you were not out by the agreed upon deadline then the new owners took possesion.

I

ibcindy

We still had 3 days left to our verbal agreement!! He didn't evict us. I don't think he should be entitled to our belongings. We were on our way to the court to get an extension because he didnt hire the first movers till the day after our court agreement expired. So they gave us this verbal agreement for an extra week to stop us from going. We never gave him possession, he threatened our disabled mother into the keys. And we now can't get into our car because he has those keys also!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">