• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

losing dream home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrswayne4

What is the name of your state? Missouri,
this is kinda long and complicated, we signed a lease with an agent to purchase this house in two years when our credit is a little better, our next door neighbors owned this land and gave it to their son, who built this house and then lost it for not paying for it, our agent bought it from the bank and then leased it to us. we did not know the specifics, and still dont. The house and three acres is costing us 169000. Now our next door neighbors say that the land never changed hands at the courthouse, so technically it is still theirs, and that our agent never paid any taxes on it since he bought it from the bank, they say that the county wants 5000, for all the taxes on our house and land, and their house and land. Is this possible? can they rip this land right out from under us by paying these taxes that are supposed to have been paid by our agent through our monthly payment? Can I loose my house??? The neighbors say that if all the 5000 is not paid by June, both houses and all the land will be auctioned off in July. Our agent is a minister, and so is the neighbor, I hate to think that one of them is trying to screw me out of my dream home! How can I find out what is truly happening and what I can do about it?What is the name of your state?

pojo2

Is this a rent to own or do you simply rent the place right now?

If a simple renter then you have NO rights and this is between the owner, this agent you rent from, and the former owners.

Either way it seems you are at the mercy of someone.

Do you have any contracts other than a rental agreement? Did you put any money down?

Looks like this might not work out in your favor without your getting someone, an Atty, to look over everything and give you some advise on this matter.

You were not specific enough for any further information such as the kind of contract you have with the agent who bought it from the bank.

mrswayne4

I put 3000 dollars down on the house, and am leasing to purchase it from this agent. He assures me that he has title insurance and there is no reason to stress over the neighbors with wishful thinking. My two year lease is up in September for this house, then we are to get our own loan through the bank and change the title over to our name with the loan. Right now it is a lease to purchase contract with this person. All taxes and insurance are paid by him. It is a very simple contract with the purchase price and amt paid ea month. No specs or lot size is listed on this contract. I have contacted the court house and they told me their is no house on this land for him to own. Obviously something is not right. I am living in the house. He tells me with title insurance we are okay. but says he will check into the back taxes, says he paid them last year, they should be up to date.

FarmerJ

If your county has no records of that house being built you better get right up to the links at the top and find a real estate atty to assist you NOW and not let this matter get one day older. GO to your countys property tax desk and get copys of what they have listed for descriptions of property at your address so you have them for the atty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">