• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Losing My Home Before Its Built

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

June_

What is the name of your state?Maryland, Prince George's County

We signed a contract with a BUILDER 6 months ago and have not been given a start date for ground breaking. With a corner lot and both neighbors beside me under construction I now get a notice from the builder that the owners of the land adjoining the community wants to put in a road over my lot into our cul-de-sac so they are not landlocked. Builders are trying to work this out. What kind of rights would a home buyer have on property that is still technically owned by the builder or what kind of actions can I take to make sure that I get this resolved in a speedy manner?

Thanks in advance!

HomeGuru

June_ said:
What is the name of your state?Maryland, Prince George's County

We signed a contract with a BUILDER 6 months ago and have not been given a start date for ground breaking. With a corner lot and both neighbors beside me under construction I now get a notice from the builder that the owners of the land adjoining the community wants to put in a road over my lot into our cul-de-sac so they are not landlocked. Builders are trying to work this out. What kind of rights would a home buyer have on property that is still technically owned by the builder or what kind of actions can I take to make sure that I get this resolved in a speedy manner?

Thanks in advance!

**A: see the same attorney that you should have hired before signing the contract, to now review the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">