• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loss of ingress and egress by road abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

linsang

What is the name of your state? TX

I was considering the purchase of a tract of land (at auction) only to find out that several years ago the county had abandonned the road that provided access to the property pursuant to Tx Trans Code 258.051. The entity foreclosing on the property will not make any rep or warrant as to access and has only said talk to the surrounding landowners about an easement or right of way. Not surprisingly, the surrounding landowners are more interested in acquiring the property at a really cheap price then granting access. If I acquire the property will I be entitled to ingress and egress Under Texas law? I am planning to go down to the courthouse and research the time and circumstances under which it was abandonned and any recorded documentation that went with it, absent anything in the recorded documents reflecting preservaton of the right to access the property, is there anything else that I should be looking for?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">