• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost job, no rent, 3 day notice in florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shenashell

I cannot pay my rent and my lease is expired. I live in Florida. I am 13 days late.
There was a 3 day notice demanding rent or possession of premises. It is just a typed letter served by his office assistant. Does the landlord have to file something in court, and how long do I have. I was told I have at least 14 days before I am forced out. What can I do? Please help, single mother.

P

peter

OK where is the Father? or his parents? should they kick in a few bucks to help you out?

Usually you get 30 day notice to vacate, so let him serve you with that and hopefully someone will help you pay the rent..hint hint the FATHER!

Then you wont be evicted. Also he cannot lock you out or throw your stuff out WITHOUT a court order, if he tries call the police on him.

------------------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shenashell:
I cannot pay my rent and my lease is expired. I live in Florida. I am 13 days late.
There was a 3 day notice demanding rent or possession of premises. It is just a typed letter served by his office assistant. Does the landlord have to file something in court, and how long do I have. I was told I have at least 14 days before I am forced out. What can I do? Please help, single mother.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">