• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Making life Hell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lj5

My mother in Law who is a tenant in our home does not want us to sell our house. She does not want us to show her apartment to any potential buyers, She claims it will be an invasion of her privacy and said she will do anything including barracading the doors to make it as difficult as possible for us. We have told her the home is on the market. My question is legally do I have to send her some kind of letter stating that? She does not have a lease with us, We live in Massachusetts

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lj5:
My mother in Law who is a tenant in our home does not want us to sell our house. She does not want us to show her apartment to any potential buyers, She claims it will be an invasion of her privacy and said she will do anything including barracading the doors to make it as difficult as possible for us. We have told her the home is on the market. My question is legally do I have to send her some kind of letter stating that? She does not have a lease with us, We live in Massachusetts<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Send her a certified letter telling her to cooperate or move out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">