• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

master tenant wants to evict subtenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

firegirl

hi
i posted a couple of days ago regarding a subtenant i have that i want to move. i understood that it could be difficult to evict him but with the advice i received here it sounds downright impossible: like i have no rights whatsoever in this situation. i am in an extremely progressive city tenants-rights wise and also an extremely tight rental market (san francisco) BUT what happens when things just don't work out??? am i truly stuck with this guy simply because he has a subtenant agreement??? (of course he could be reasonable and move out... but if he doesn't???) it's hard to imagine we've gotten to the point of no rights for anyone... i would have thought i had some rights as master tenant, being the financially responsible one...
i want him to leave for space issues in the house, his continual urge to push the landlord about getting on the lease, and my strong desire to get pets and his revelation once he moved in that he is allergic... HELP i dont' want to think it's so difficult to make something happen in my situation...
thanks
firegirl

A

Arcadis

Firegirl - stay calm. You do have rights, read the subtenant agreement, and go to the SF Rent Board http://www.ci.sf.ca.us/rentbd/
San Francisco Rent Board
25 Van Ness Ave. (At Market St.)
Suite 320
San Francisco, CA 94102-6033,
24-Hour Information Line
415 252-4600
and talk to a counselor.
I forgot that the SF tenants union doesn't give help to master tenants....Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">