• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mechanics lien on deceased parents home

• Thread starter christie barnes
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

christie barnes

Hello..Im writing from Houston Texas.Both of my parents are deceased and I am trying to sell their home. The title search showed a mechanics lein for some home improvement with a company that Bank One has taken over. After 10 phone calls they are still refusing to show proof so that I can pay it off yet are refusing to release the lien. All documents requested of me have been sent to them. This buyer has been waiting 2 mths and I am no closer than at the beginning. Please help me!!
Thank you
Chris

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by christie barnes:
Hello..Im writing from Houston Texas.Both of my parents are deceased and I am trying to sell their home. The title search showed a mechanics lein for some home improvement with a company that Bank One has taken over. After 10 phone calls they are still refusing to show proof so that I can pay it off yet are refusing to release the lien. All documents requested of me have been sent to them. This buyer has been waiting 2 mths and I am no closer than at the beginning. Please help me!!
Thank you
Chris
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to hire a real estate attorney to help you since they feel no pressure when dealing direct with a consumer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">