• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mentally ill neighbor shooting gun in Townhomes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GGarcia

What if anything can be done to remove a mentally ill neighbor from a Townhome residence? This person has threatened to shoot me and several neighbors. I know that her relatives own the property, and have had to comit her several times over past ten years. She recently, shot gun into back door in garage and was arrested..but will be back out again soon. I am in fear of my life since the threat was made several days ago. the Assoc. is aware of the incident, but has not made any attempt to remedy the situation..is the Assoc responsible for the safety of the other owners? Can something be done by a majority of owners to remove her ? The police have indicated that they can do nothing, but arrest her when she threatens someone..what can be done if anything to protect ourselves against the violence she diplays? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
G

D

David J. Miller

Gerry Garcia, I knew you were still alive. Does Elvis live in the same townhome project?

Sorry, I know yours is a serious request but I couldn't resist.

[This message has been edited by David J. Miller (edited October 11, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GGarcia:
What if anything can be done to remove a mentally ill neighbor from a Townhome residence? This person has threatened to shoot me and several neighbors. I know that her relatives own the property, and have had to comit her several times over past ten years. She recently, shot gun into back door in garage and was arrested..but will be back out again soon. I am in fear of my life since the threat was made several days ago. the Assoc. is aware of the incident, but has not made any attempt to remedy the situation..is the Assoc responsible for the safety of the other owners? Can something be done by a majority of owners to remove her ? The police have indicated that they can do nothing, but arrest her when she threatens someone..what can be done if anything to protect ourselves against the violence she diplays? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
G
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to court and get a restraining order.

Keep on trucking mama, truck my blues away.........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">