• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan Lemon Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

burnt homeowner

I live in Michigan. Three years ago my husband and I purchased a home from a "production builder". As with most fisrt time buyers, our purchase was the largest of our life and we tried to do things right. We purchased our home from one of the largest and supposedly reputable builders. Over the last 3 years we have diligently tried to have warranty items completed to no avail. The builder has left us with a floor that shifted, expenses incurred due during repair of the floor, and true emotional turmoil. Do consumers have any recourse. Or, are you at the mercy of large builders that run as soon as the last home in a development is completed. We consulted an attorney who was no help. We've tried to maintain dialogue with the builder. They just seem to be stringing us along. Help...

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by burnt homeowner:
I live in Michigan. Three years ago my husband and I purchased a home from a "production builder". As with most fisrt time buyers, our purchase was the largest of our life and we tried to do things right. We purchased our home from one of the largest and supposedly reputable builders. Over the last 3 years we have diligently tried to have warranty items completed to no avail. The builder has left us with a floor that shifted, expenses incurred due during repair of the floor, and true emotional turmoil. Do consumers have any recourse. Or, are you at the mercy of large builders that run as soon as the last home in a development is completed. We consulted an attorney who was no help. We've tried to maintain dialogue with the builder. They just seem to be stringing us along. Help...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have heard this same story a thousand times. There is recourse but you need a good construction defect attorney to help you. Production builders or tract developers have been known to leave the homeowner hanging. There are various causes of action which your attorney can investigate ie. building code violations, inferior building materials and practices, not following plans and specifications, poor or no architectural and engineering quality control inspections etc.
For more info contact these homeowners groups www.hadd.com www.hobb.org

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">