• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mineral Rights Abused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

J.L.Storey

I live in Texas, Chambers Cty,. My husband & I sold 20 acres of land through a real estate company, and we stipulated in the contract we wanted to keep our mineral rights on the 20 acres. At closing, we were told that we did say we wanted to keep the mineral rights. It is documented in the contract, but they say there is nothing they can do, the mineral rights were given to the buyer. There was a gas well put on the property immediately after we sold the land. Please advise. Thank you very much.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J.L.Storey:
I live in Texas, Chambers Cty,. My husband & I sold 20 acres of land through a real estate company, and we stipulated in the contract we wanted to keep our mineral rights on the 20 acres. At closing, we were told that we did say we wanted to keep the mineral rights. It is documented in the contract, but they say there is nothing they can do, the mineral rights were given to the buyer. There was a gas well put on the property immediately after we sold the land. Please advise. Thank you very much.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you closed through escrow, the attorney that drafted the deed should have stipulated such in the deed and the property description Exhibit. Because the conditions on the contract must be used to draft the legal transfer documents. Did you have a Realtor or a real estate attorney represent you? The closing documents hsould have been reviewed by you prior to signing. Contact escrow or the party that drafted the deed to find out what happened. Who is saying that there is nothing that can be done? You may have to file a claim against the escrow company for an errors and ommisions cause of action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">