• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mobile home loan default

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Timbermonkey

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I most likely will need to walk away from a mobile home in california. Its in a park and has space rent. The rent and home loan are sinking me. I can rent a house for 500 less a month. I am considering moving out before i get kicked out for none payment.

My question is will the lender be able to bill me for whatever he ends up short?

FlyingRon

Yes. Mobile homes are not real estate, they are vehicles. The loans are recourse. In addition, the park you're in can come after you for the unpaid rent until that unit gets off their property (or the purchaser picks up paying for it).

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I most likely will need to walk away from a mobile home in california. Its in a park and has space rent. The rent and home loan are sinking me. I can rent a house for 500 less a month. I am considering moving out before i get kicked out for none payment.

My question is will the lender be able to bill me for whatever he ends up short?
**A: yes and the park can also bill you. There are no free rides here.

FarmerJ

Any way to put together the funds to buy your own land and move home to it so you cease paying rent or a family member who can give you long term written lease for land to put it on ? walking away from loans is not always the best choice since there still will be financial damage to borrower.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">