• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mobile Home Park Lot Rent Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mobilehomepark1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

My question is a little complicated. I've researched the Colorado Revised Statutes and I am not able to find a specific statute that says either way.

I am in the process of acquiring several manufactured (mobile) homes in a couple mobile home parks in Colorado. I am not directly purchasing these homes from the homeowners, but from the county in which each home resides. If the previous owner owes several months of lot rent (and they abandoned the home), am I responsible for paying the park the space (lot) rent that is owed on the lot? What if I plan on moving the home out of the park, would I still owe the back space (lot) rent to the park?

Thanks a million!

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

My question is a little complicated. I've researched the Colorado Revised Statutes and I am not able to find a specific statute that says either way.

I am in the process of acquiring several manufactured (mobile) homes in a couple mobile home parks in Colorado. I am not directly purchasing these homes from the homeowners, but from the county in which each home resides. If the previous owner owes several months of lot rent (and they abandoned the home), am I responsible for paying the park the space (lot) rent that is owed on the lot? What if I plan on moving the home out of the park, would I still owe the back space (lot) rent to the park?

Thanks a million!

**A: the answer is yes and yes so read the mobile home park lease agreements very carefully.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">