• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mobilehome Foreclosure/Need it Gone!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donna32669

I need help again, same subject. I have a mobilehome, foreclosure to occur or in process. I can not get the mortage co. to commit to when they will move this home from my private property, which is for sale and I have a prospective buyer. Do I have any way to make them take action? They have acknowledged this was discharged in 1999 bankruptcy, no re-affirm, but won't begin the procedings. I did receive Notice of Default, and expected I would be served. They only told me to "move out" and they would padlock my doors. I will be out in a couple of days, but still no word. I do have the means (family in the business) to move the home, but to where? Can I, or am I entitled to charge them storage? Just to get them active. I can't chance loosing the sale of this land, it is all I have in the world now for security. Also, they told me I had to continue to insure this mobilehome, which I have done for about 2 months and I want to cancel the coverage....it is over $100 per month, and I can't keep it insured once it's vacant anyway. Any advice?
Please try not to judge me to harshly for this situation, it's one I am not proud of, but it's done. You know the story, sorry ex husband,abusive, blah blah blah. I can tell you, I learned a valuable lesson and history won't repeat itself. For 11 years I have held on to this land with my blood, sweat, and tears (literally), it's one thing I did right. Thanks for any help you can give me on (1) recourse on getting the home off my land, and (2) my responsiblility on the insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">