• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modular home on my land not mine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SteveGW

In Texas what can i do about having the lender remove a modular home from my property? the owner has made no attempt to have it repoed and all notes are current. what can i do to have it removed?

T

Tracey

You'll have to sue the owner to evict him/her under the TX forcible entery & detainer act. It's in the Revised Civil Statutes, Title 64.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

D

dsut

Tracey has a point there Steve. Of course, if I was in that situation, I would do things a bit different. Like with a D-7 cat. Possession is 9/10 of the law, I think.

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

T

Tracey

Always check the state unlawful entry laws before firing up the D7, dsut. :) Texas really, REALLY frowns on self-help evictions. No exactly what one would expect from the rugged individualist property rights advocates who make up the Lone Star State, but true. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">