• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money due

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krazday72

I am not sure I am posting this in the right place but I am giving it a shot. I live in Florida. Per my divorce papers my ex-husband need to buy me out of our house for an amount above $5,000 (not mentioning exact amount) or split the proceeds 50/50 if he sells the house. I recently found out that he may be trying to refi the house. He is claiming he is not up to anything and keeps giving the around for why he has not paid me. I heard that you can put a lein on someone's house for money due. Is this correct and if so how can it be done or does a lawyer have to do this. Any help would be nice.

HomeGuru

I am not sure I am posting this in the right place but I am giving it a shot. I live in Florida. Per my divorce papers my ex-husband need to buy me out of our house for an amount above $5,000 (not mentioning exact amount) or split the proceeds 50/50 if he sells the house. I recently found out that he may be trying to refi the house. He is claiming he is not up to anything and keeps giving the around for why he has not paid me. I heard that you can put a lein on someone's house for money due. Is this correct and if so how can it be done or does a lawyer have to do this. Any help would be nice.
**A: go to court to enforce the divorce property distribution agreement. Get a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">