• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

money paid to seller he will not refund I paid $1000. for a 1700. piece of land and s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bobhazel

i paid the seller $1000.00 for a $1750.00 piece of property.I did this on the internet.the seller refused the final payment saying it was late and will keep the money i alresdy paid . he says he is a real estate agent in florida. I signed no contracts with this man and all he will say is i forfited the down payment. basicly he ripped me off for $1000. what can i do?:confused:

C

cclovins

I had to sue a man in florida, But after I received my judgement from the judge he still refuses to pay up. But the good thing is you can sue him without going to Florida. You can do a phone call in, the judges allow you to do this. A Small claims is inexpensive and if he has anything of value you can take it. SO SUE him.

HomeGuru

Re: money paid to seller he will not refund I paid $1000. for a 1700. piece of land and s

bobhazel said:
i paid the seller $1000.00 for a $1750.00 piece of property.I did this on the internet.the seller refused the final payment saying it was late and will keep the money i alresdy paid . he says he is a real estate agent in florida. I signed no contracts with this man and all he will say is i forfited the down payment. basicly he ripped me off for $1000. what can i do?:confused:
**A: you are correct in that you did get ripped off since you used the internet and failed to get a contract in writing, use escrow as a depository and confirm that the indivdual was truly a licensed real estate agent in Florida. If you have his real name and if he really is a licensed real estate agent, you can file a complaint with the State.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">