• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mortgage co ripping me off?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pressman

What is the name of your state? Georgia. December 2000 I was 30 days late on my mortgage payment and was 15 days late on my Jan payment. I sent in both payments and they were returned to me saying that they were forclosing on my loan. I asked why they couldn't accept my payment and was told there was not enough office staff to process the late payments this went on till April they refused my payments then they offered forebearence schedule which we did pay and now are finished. Is there any way that this practice is legal? Can they refuse a late payment and several attempts to keep payments current? Is it legal for me to suffer becaudse they did not have the staff to take my payments which resulted in 5 mos of payment refusal and then charging us a forebearance fee to get our loan back on track,?

HomeGuru

Pressman said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia. December 2000 I was 30 days late on my mortgage payment and was 15 days late on my Jan payment. I sent in both payments and they were returned to me saying that they were forclosing on my loan. I asked why they couldn't accept my payment and was told there was not enough office staff to process the late payments this went on till April they refused my payments then they offered forebearence schedule which we did pay and now are finished. Is there any way that this practice is legal? Can they refuse a late payment and several attempts to keep payments current? Is it legal for me to suffer becaudse they did not have the staff to take my payments which resulted in 5 mos of payment refusal and then charging us a forebearance fee to get our loan back on track,?

**A: you have not provided the complete and accurate facts, therefore please have an attorney review your mortgage documents to see if you even have a case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">