• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whtelightn

What is the name of your state? Georgia

A friend of mine stated to me that her and husband both signed a contract on the purchase of a house. Well the husband moved out(will be divorced) and husband was paying on the house till November 2001 when he bounced a check. The wife called the mortgage company to get more information to find it if the mortgage was behind. They refused to give her any information, and sent a letter stating to her that she cannot get the information. WHen she talked to them her husband had stated verbally not to give out any information to her. She even sent a check for the mortgage payment and they returned that also.

Now it came to her attention that the house is being ready to foreclosed on after 8 months of no payments. She never received a letter from the mortgage company that it was behind or a demand letter and now 8 months later stating it is being ready to foreclosed.

I think the mortgage company broke laws due to no notifications, refused to give out information to her when she was on the contract. Can anyone help?

Now also the husband filed Chapter 7 and it was discharged but again she is willing to pay for the mortgage.

Please let me know.

Tom

HomeGuru

whtelightn said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

A friend of mine stated to me that her and husband both signed a contract on the purchase of a house. Well the husband moved out(will be divorced) and husband was paying on the house till November 2001 when he bounced a check. The wife called the mortgage company to get more information to find it if the mortgage was behind. They refused to give her any information, and sent a letter stating to her that she cannot get the information. WHen she talked to them her husband had stated verbally not to give out any information to her. She even sent a check for the mortgage payment and they returned that also.

Now it came to her attention that the house is being ready to foreclosed on after 8 months of no payments. She never received a letter from the mortgage company that it was behind or a demand letter and now 8 months later stating it is being ready to foreclosed.

I think the mortgage company broke laws due to no notifications, refused to give out information to her when she was on the contract. Can anyone help?

Now also the husband filed Chapter 7 and it was discharged but again she is willing to pay for the mortgage.

Please let me know.

Tom
**A: if she is on the mortgage along with husband, she needs to hire an attorney fast.
If she is not on the mortgage, the mortgage company has no legal obligation to deal with her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">