• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A mortgage company taking advantage!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LadyTara

What is the name of your state? NY
OK about 2 yrs ago, the house we have went into foreclosure. We did not pay the mortgage for a yr. THe mortgage company is Ocwen. Anyway we made an agreement which was we put down 5000.00 cash and signed a forbearance agreement. NOw every month our payments (before the yr default, was 1000.00)
We agreed to pay 1400.00 a month. A 1000.00 for the orginial payment, and 400.oo to go to the default. NOw for a full 2 yrs we have been paying 1400.00 a month in money orders or cashier checks to the mortgage. A yr ago they tried to pull that we had to pay now in a mortgage payment 2400.00 a month. Of course we could not afford this, and went back to the orginal agreement we had made before.
NOW in 2002, it comes up that they send back 2 of our payments for july and aug. Saying that we owe, 40,000.00 dollars and that we have not been paying the mortgage. I get one letter one day with our 2 $1400.00 payment for july and aug. Then a couple of days letter I get a letter that says our payment will go from 1350.00 to 1390.00 Anyway NOw the one man I have been trying to reach never gets back to me in reference to this problem. After numerous messages he calls me today in reference to the matter. And He tells me that I owe 40,000.00 and I have to pay this amount. Also advises me that my house is up for sale on sept 7th! Now meanwhile I have not receieved any letters pertaining to this. And we are not in default at all for the past 2 yrs. BEsides all this, my mother who owns the house, is starting to get very sick about this whole matter. I just do not know what to do, because I am lost for words at this point. I do need advice and help. Please get back to me as soon as possible, I would really appreciate it! THank u so much.
ttyl
tara
:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">