• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

southerb

i live in oklahoma city, i signed a fifteen year loan. it has been fifteen years since i signed the loan papers and i still have a large balance.
is there any thing that i can do?. someone told me that i could send a letter of dispute to my mortgage company, if this is correct, how do i word the dispute. Also what happens if the mortgage lender and i still do not agree on the balance?.

HomeGuru

First, review your mortgage and note to determine what kind of mortgage you have and how your payments would be applied. Was this a fully amortizing loan, a partial and for how many years, interest only etc. Was their going to be a balloon payment at the end of the mortgage term?
Contact the mortgage lender and ask them to fully explain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">