• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgagee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sousaw

What options do I have regarding a lien?

I currently have a lien on my parents home. The Lien is worth over half of the property value. They are not paying me back as they were supposed to. How do I go about either getting the home put in my name solely? Or how do I get them to start making the payments legally?

State: Virginia

Also, there has been a Tower put on the property since the lien has been put in my name. They refuse to give me a share of the money they recieve for the tower. What can I do legally about this?

aw

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Re: What options do I have regarding a lien?

sousaw said:
I currently have a lien on my parents home. The Lien is worth over half of the property value. They are not paying me back as they were supposed to. How do I go about either getting the home put in my name solely? Or how do I get them to start making the payments legally?
**A: a lien does not entitle you to get title to the property.
You can foreclose on the lien which foreclosure action would force the sale of the property to satisfy the lien. You could bid at the foreclosure sale using your position.

State: Virginia

Also, there has been a Tower put on the property since the lien has been put in my name. They refuse to give me a share of the money they recieve for the tower. What can I do legally about this?
A: Nothing because you are not the landowner therefore you are not entitled to any compensation.

aw

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">