• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mtn Property Upkeep?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cclovins

What is the name of your state? GA.

I own property with 2 of my sisters.(Joint owners) They refuse to do anything to improve the value of the land. They don't even contribute to the upkeep. Is their any way I can improve the land without shareing the improvements with them. I.E Well, Cabin, Electricty. Can I make them pay for just the upkeep of the property. They refuse to sell.

FarmerJ

All I have to offer to you is keep a log book for the property All man hours to maintain it . All the money you spend , reg repairs and new improvements alike . Right down to the last dime , Including all the tax bills property Insurance . Having that kind of information may indeed help you some day force them to pay you .

HomeGuru

cclovins said:
What is the name of your state? GA.

I own property with 2 of my sisters.(Joint owners) They refuse to do anything to improve the value of the land. They don't even contribute to the upkeep. Is their any way I can improve the land without shareing the improvements with them. I.E Well, Cabin, Electricty. Can I make them pay for just the upkeep of the property. They refuse to sell.
**A: you need to sue them for partition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">