• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Multi owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

headache

NYC
My parents own a 2 family house with a relative. They have offered to buy out my parents and my parents have agreed to sell but they just never follow through and actually put in a deposit. My parents are more than willing to sell their share either to them or a third party at a fair market value. However now they have their lawyer sent my parents a summon for a partition.

HomeGuru

NYC
My parents own a 2 family house with a relative. They have offered to buy out my parents and my parents have agreed to sell but they just never follow through and actually put in a deposit. My parents are more than willing to sell their share either to them or a third party at a fair market value. However now they have their lawyer sent my parents a summon for a partition.
**A: you left out a major piece of information like who is currently on title to the property.
Is it your parents and this relative?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">