• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my driveway and my neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

magchad

What is the name of your state? mass
when i first bought my house my neighbor approached me telling me that my driveway was a shared driveway .....and she also said that some of it was on her land ...and the problem is she uses it all the time to drive in her car back yard and she comes and goes out of my drive way......when she has a driveway of her own on the other side of her house .....but she constanly puts her car in the backyard .....now im not sure of where the property line is.....it my be in the middle of the driveway..... but does she have the right to be comeing and going on my driveway ?????

FarmerJ

Call a surveyor and pay to have your property surveyed and marked where the lot lines are . That will help show exactly where the lot lines are , about your nbr using the driveway . Were there any written easements in the documents with the house when you bought it ? getting those answers will help you make a decision as to how to deal with this . and do think about consulting with a lawyer

M

magchad

NO !!!!!There where no easements in any of the documents ........and if the property line runs through the drive way does my neighbor have the right to go on my driveway ????? and im working on finding a surveyer

HomeGuru

magchad said:
NO !!!!!There where no easements in any of the documents ........and if the property line runs through the drive way does my neighbor have the right to go on my driveway ????? and im working on finding a surveyer
**A: until you get your survey, you have no idea where the legal property boundary lines are.
So stop asking if your neighbor has the right to go on your driveway until you are positive the neighbor is going on YOUR property.

M

magchad

??/??

YES.. well she has her own driveway !!!!!!!!! and she insist's on useing mine to go in her back yard and she does this everyday ......it's very aggravating ....for example last week i had a cookout and my mother in laws car was nexted to mine in my driveway ( its a 2 car driveway) and my neighbor came out her window and asked if we could move so she could get in her back yard .......

M

magchad

and also i have a good idea of were the property line is .....I think its somewhere on the driveway but im sure most of it is mine

HomeGuru

Re: ??/??

magchad said:
YES.. well she has her own driveway !!!!!!!!! and she insist's on useing mine to go in her back yard and she does this everyday ......it's very aggravating ....for example last week i had a cookout and my mother in laws car was nexted to mine in my driveway ( its a 2 car driveway) and my neighbor came out her window and asked if we could move so she could get in her back yard .......
**A: oh, I did not know about the cookout incident.
Thanks for sharing.

HomeGuru

magchad said:
and also i have a good idea of were the property line is .....I think its somewhere on the driveway but im sure most of it is mine
**A: yes, but you are not a certified and licensed surveyor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">