• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it my house??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaimepsalm63

What is the name of your state? Colorado
I was given a house for 20$ in 2000 by my grandfather. It was a generous gift to thank me for taking care of my grandmother with her Alzheimer's until she died. My grandfather died in 2008, Feb.

I'm just went to mediation with my parents and in the "agreement" they left it to say they would never sue me again...except to check into probate for the house I'm living in that's stated above. They said no will was produced. I know a will exists, I saw it. In fact the last will I saw said I get everything, but this was before my grandpa went to live with them (2002) yet after he sold me the home. My father took over power of atty before grandpa died and again after I got the house.

Can they take my house away or is it mine? I have the title registered in the county I live in as it being mine. I just want them to leave me alone and of course not to lose my home and have my family living out on the street. They don't care that my three kids will be out on the road either, they just want the house.

What can I do to protect my home, or should I not do anything because I legally own the home. Is there a statute of limitation that can help me?

Last edited:

nextwife

Who had good title when Grandpa deeded it? Did he have full ownership in his name alone?

Why are they suing?

Was Grandpa mentally competent when he deeded it?

jaimepsalm63

He had ownership until the year 2000, no one else was on the deed with him.

Grandpa was competent when he deeded it. He had an eval to show he was.

My parents are suing because they are that way. It's a long story of them not being nice and me not wanting to put my kids in that setting. This is the one of many lawsuits I've had to deal with by them.

As for good title...I don't understand. I just know he went through a process my cousin said would make sure I would own the house without problems even if someone tried to contest it. It is registered with the county I live in/where the house is.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">