• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My identity taken for lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jtakagi

I live in Washington state. In June, 2000, my brother used my identity to sign a 2 year lease on an office space without my knowledge. He knows that I knoe he did this but he continues to communicate with the leasing company as if he were me. I told the leasing company that the lease wasn't vlid because it wasn't me who actually signed it but they won't break the lease. As far as they are concerned, they have a legal, notarized, signed contract that has my name on it. They said that its up to me to prove that I did not sign this lease. All I want is to have my name taken off the lease. How can I do this with the least possible negative consequences for my brother?
Thanks, Jtakagi

M

MissMelissa24

My friend's sister did this to her. She used her name and socal sec. to get her phone hooked up because under her name she couldn't. She screwed up my friend's credit because she faulted on her bills. My friend is now fighting to get her credit cleared because of it. I don't know what to tell you, but I do know that I would be in that company's office handing them a notarized letter, signed by you, that way they can at least compare the signatures and hopefully begin to come around to your side.
Why do our siblings do dumb things?? :) Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">