• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my lease hasn't started and I need out!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CPPSJP

I moved to gainesville, FL to room with someone I used to work with. She seemed very nice. I soon found out she was back 2 months rent, had attacked her current roommate with a knife ( there is a police report) , tried to kill herself etc. this is a horrible situation. Now the nut wants to kill me, and we signed a LEASE due to start on August 4, 2000. I've been doing a little research and: I was not allowed to walk through the premises in which I was to rent in order to inspect I was never given a copy of the lease I have reason to believe her credit report was not run I was not notified within 15 days as to where my deposit is being held PLEASE HELP!!!!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Okay, I would not move in.

Does your lease state the walk through is a condition before the lease becomes valid? because in most cases, that is a prerequisite.

Does the lease state that not notifying you in 15 days as to your deposit is considered a material breach? Because if it does, then you can happily exit, no damages owed.

As to your copy of the lease, they should have given you one....can cancel contract. \

To ease your mind, why don't you do this please? --> contact your Florida state bar association and ask for legal aid phone numbers and the department of housing and urban development. Contact each of them and ask them what the best legal approach is to get this tie cut immediately and painlessly.

Please do the above. If you can gather as much proof as you can, it would really help.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">