• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my listing agreement valid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CrystalSmith201

CA

In January, I signed a listing agreement for an apartment building I own. I realize now that the agent is not experienced in apartment sales. Having just realized this, I want to cancel the agreement with him and list it with another agent who specializes in apartment sales.

The agent who I signed the agreement with has not sent me back the agreement with his signature, and has not marketed the property for sale in any capacity (no websites, showings, flyers, etc). Does this allow me to cancel the agreement without penalty?

Do you have any other suggestions as to how to get out of this listing agreement?

justalayman

As to whether his action, or inaction actually might allow you to terminate the agreement will be based on what your contrsct requires him to do. It is usually difficult to terminate such agreements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">