• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My right not to sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slowride

I live in Tennessee, my mother passed away and her property was left to seven brothers and sisters. Two of my brothers want to sell it but I do not want to sell. I took care of here the last eight years of her life and she wanted me to have the house but one of my brothers said that is was tough, since she did not tell him or have it in writing, and she did not leave a will.What I want to know is can I block their greed and stop them from selling the land and house? I think I need a good Tenn. real estate lawyer.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slowride:
I live in Tennessee, my mother passed away and her property was left to seven brothers and sisters. Two of my brothers want to sell it but I do not want to sell. I took care of here the last eight years of her life and she wanted me to have the house but one of my brothers said that is was tough, since she did not tell him or have it in writing, and she did not leave a will.What I want to know is can I block their greed and stop them from selling the land and house? I think I need a good Tenn. real estate lawyer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need a good estate lawyer. The property is subject to probate and you can raise your objections in Probate Court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">