• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My rights as co-owner?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

A.mess.in.MO

What is the name of your state? Missouri
My grandfather sold a piece of property to me and my uncle(his son) before he passed away. My uncle absolutely despises me because I own a share of it. He lives all the way in California and I am left to care for the property myself. On this property is a mobile home that was left to this uncle in my grandfathers will as a place of residence. That is what it states in the will. Now my uncle will never move down here! He has began to rent it out and I am trying to kick them off (thats another issue) What rights do I as part land owner have. Can I have this mobile home moved off after I get people out of it? If he isnt around to care for it can I do some kind of case to get his share of the property forfieted? He has also informed me that he will not pay taxes on it in hopes to financially burden me! What can I do within my rights??? Help
Thanks ahead of time.

HomeGuru

A.mess.in.MO said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri
My grandfather sold a piece of property to me and my uncle(his son) before he passed away. My uncle absolutely despises me because I own a share of it. He lives all the way in California and I am left to care for the property myself. On this property is a mobile home that was left to this uncle in my grandfathers will as a place of residence. That is what it states in the will. Now my uncle will never move down here! He has began to rent it out and I am trying to kick them off (thats another issue) What rights do I as part land owner have. Can I have this mobile home moved off after I get people out of it? If he isnt around to care for it can I do some kind of case to get his share of the property forfieted? He has also informed me that he will not pay taxes on it in hopes to financially burden me! What can I do within my rights??? Help
Thanks ahead of time.
**A: Either sue him in court for his share of the expenses or file a partition and buy him out or sell the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">