• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Rights Regarding Att Terminal On My Lawn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reesecup2007

I live in Michigan and some years back Att installed a big terminal box on my lawn. Do they have the right to do this without my permission? Can I take legal action against them even if they have permission from the city?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in Michigan and some years back Att installed a big terminal box on my lawn. Do they have the right to do this without my permission? Can I take legal action against them even if they have permission from the city?
I suspect they have an easement allowing this. Review your deed.

nextwife

Read your title commitment, it would reference any easements of record. Additionally, verify to where the lot lines in YOUR legal description run. IT's entitely possible your legal description may not run all the way to the street, or the sidewalk or wherever it is the terminal sits.

FarmerJ

Many Utility firms often have easements that are written in a way that permits other utils to use the same easements. Even with out a written easement those util lines are there now and theres no way you can just make them go away short of road rebuilding that mandates relocation of those lines. With out written easement If you pushed hard enough to get it into court the util will argue that by now they have a easement of necessity or prescriptive easement and likely the court will just grant easement to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">