• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Sisters Trying To Take My House From Me ..help !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qplja

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? N.Y.C

OK HEAR IT GOES

from reasons about 15 year ago i had some extra money so i told my sister .cos she has great credit ...to bye this house that i will pay for and fix the house needed a lot of work i mean alot .we refinanced about 4 years ago and we whent together.i help pay for her out standing bills wich amounted to about 20,000 ...so hear were we'r at she refinance again this year and took out about 200,000 to pay stuff out and left me out of it all now shes asking me to move ...i never thot my sister would try to do this to me. the house is under her name .....o0o and she live in the apertment up stairs were she pays most of the rent
.....can you please advise ..i know this cant be the only time some one has done some thing stupid like this......ANGELO

HuAi

Did you have any sort of written agreement with your sister? It sounds like you were really not careful about protecting yourself. Consult an attorney as soon as possible to see if you have any recourse.

qplja

no nothing on paper but ..you would think she wouldent do this to her brother who let live in the house with her family why under market valiue ..and pay her bill fixed her cars
need help really **************..

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? N.Y.C

OK HEAR IT GOES

from reasons about 15 year ago i had some extra money so i told my sister .cos she has great credit ...to bye this house that i will pay for and fix the house needed a lot of work i mean alot .we refinanced about 4 years ago and we whent together.i help pay for her out standing bills wich amounted to about 20,000 ...so hear were we'r at she refinance again this year and took out about 200,000 to pay stuff out and left me out of it all now shes asking me to move ...i never thot my sister would try to do this to me. the house is under her name .....o0o and she live in the apertment up stairs were she pays most of the rent
.....can you please advise ..i know this cant be the only time some one has done some thing stupid like this......ANGELO
**A: are you not on title? Tell her to move out.

qplja

I agree it's unclear...but I'm leaning towards my interpretation of it ;)
look guys i will never be moving out she know whats gunna happen if she pushes me there
but i can....get it back but im just trying to see whats my leagle options .cos if that dont work then thing are going to get ugly and i dont lose...she has kids there my family and love them **************...

>Charlotte<

Lurker
look guys i will never be moving out she know whats gunna happen if she pushes me there
but i can....get it back but im just trying to see whats my leagle options .cos if that dont work then thing are going to get ugly and i dont lose...she has kids there my family and love them **************...
Instead of puffing out your chest, acting like a tough guy, and making blow-hard comments that are going to mean exactly diddly in court, your time would be much better spent getting a handle on the legal reality of your situation.

Regardless of what you think is "fair", if you don't legally own a piece of that house, she can evict you.

Please clarify your situation. Who owns the house?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Does it matter at this point? Obviously, the OP feels that threats of violence are going to get him what he wants.
You're right. I guess I'll just wait for the "Dear Free Advice, I told the NYPD I wasn't going anywhere and that they'd better not mess with me. I think the hospital that fixed my face over-charged me. Can I sue?" post.

qplja

Does it matter at this point? Obviously, the OP feels that threats of violence are going to get him what he wants.
look guys you dont seem to grasp the reason im asking ..ok im not really imda mood for your stupid com..just your advise ummm i think thats what the forums for ....i really kno i have to get a lawyer .....and puting out my chest..you really dont know me ok im not saying any more .....but its my house and know one can take it away .....that house was a **** boxs till i spent more the 80,k fixing it

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">