• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NAME CHANGE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

harobedd

If I change my last name to my husband's, will I lose any rights to property I bought previous to marriage? Will he gain any?

My property is in California

Do I have to change my name to my husband's to be legal owner of property we are buying together if my credit is not being used for the purchase?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by harobedd:
If I change my last name to my husband's, will I lose any rights to property I bought previous to marriage? Will he gain any?

My property is in California

Do I have to change my name to my husband's to be legal owner of property we are buying together if my credit is not being used for the purchase?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No and No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">