• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

name on the deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dispatch

How can my husbands step-mom be on the deed of the house if his fathers will left it in his name?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dispatch:
How can my husbands step-mom be on the deed of the house if his fathers will left it in his name?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is your husbands father deceased? If so, probably prior to his death he deeded the property to his wife, your husbands' stepmother.

D

Dispatch

My husbands father is dead, and he DID NOT put the deed in her name because the house was owned by by husbands mother before she died, and he wanted the kids to have the house.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dispatch:
My husbands father is dead, and he DID NOT put the deed in her name because the house was owned by by husbands mother before she died, and he wanted the kids to have the house.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well then it is a mystery to me. Get a copy of the deed and take a look at his signature and notary. His signature on the deed could have been forged and notarized. Is the deed recorded?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">